Interesting facts about Portuguese:
- Approximately 230 million people speak Portuguese.
- Most of them live in Brazil, which was a Portuguese colony in the past.
- Portuguese is the official language in Portugal, Brazil, Angola, Mozambique, Sau Tuma and more.
- Portuguese is one of the most influential languages worldwide. Specifically, it is the 9th most influential one.
- Portuguese is the language of the music enthusiasts, the language of the Samba and the famous carnival. It was used by well known poets like Saramago, Kaumuash and Pasua.